|QPR Grounds 1882 -1917||Older (not updated);|
|QPR-Land Map||From D Street to Loftus Road - History|
|Christ Church Rangers||FansChoice|
|62,000 at the Stadium 1912||Pointpredictor|
|QPR-Land Historic Football Clubs|
|Should Have Been London Football Map|
QPR Grounds 1882 - 1917
QPR is the club in England that have played at most football grounds. Over the years the number of grounds has vary in different publications, between 10 and 14. In the latest review, presented in the 2013-14 QPR programs, 12 grounds were listed. In this webb publication, there will be 10 ground listed, the same number as in the first history of 1899 (with the addition of grounds later then 1899). The 10 grounds shall be added with 3 temporary grounds: Barn Elms, Highbury and Stamford Bridge giving a total of 13 grounds.
I have read, until 1895, all the notices in all London newspapers about the Queen's Park Rangers*. For the years 1896-1917 I have read a selection of notices in newspapers. The notices are usually fixture / result lists or match reports. Further down is a compilation of the notices that contain information about the grounds. Another source is QPR's first history in the QPR handbook 1899-1900 season. The second season the club played at Kensal Rise Athletic Ground. In the Conclusions part there is a reasoning about how I arrived at the position of each ground. Then follows a presentation of source material and at the end two shorter articles, the first about Herbert George Teagle and the second about Paddington Recreation Ground.
|The location of the grounds with some important sources and a summary table with the years and variants of the names|
The early football clubs had trouble finding good grounds for football. It was then as now fierce competition about land: from other football clubs, other sports but above all it was the fast growing London needed land for housing, industries and infrastructure. Often the grounds came to lie on the outskirts of the residential areas on the borderland between the city and the countryside. The field the club could hire was often not very suitable for football matches. It could be rough, slant, irregular but the most common problem it became often waterlogged, especially in the winter.
|Naming of grounds, newspapers|
The 19th century naming of grounds was almost always a description of the location of the ground. How to get there. The most common name is the road that is adjacent to the grounds pavilion or the road that leads to the ground. The name could also been taken from the area, the parish, the estate or a park name, if the ground was located in a park. Slightly uncommon, the name was taken from a house, pub or o pavilion, but it does occur. Sometimes the field had a well-established name who continue to live on, such as “Spotted Dog” in east London.
In my research, I have found the names are often given after the nearest train station. it's quite common for a ground to have several different names at the same time. A well-known modern example is West Ham United's previous ground. It was at the same time called: Upton Park, Green Street and Boleyn Ground.
During the 19th centuary, the names were mostly aimed for the club,it's members and supporters. When the away team wrote notices about a game they often used as a ground name, the name of the station where the away team got off the train. Especially in London it could differ from the station used by home supporters as there are several stations near the ground.
The official name should be the name given in addresses, fixture cards and in the annual Handbook which is a kind of annual official document. But it’s difficult to find out the name. Often these documents only describes which road the grounds pavilion is located to. The addresses for the club used to be the home address for the club secretary.
In the early 1880s, almost all matches consisted of friendly matches. During the 1890s, a lot of cups and then league matches were added.
The matches were usually decided before the season started when the team settle a fixture card. These were sent to the newspapers and perhaps also supporters. During the season, there were changes, moves and canceled matches. The clubs advertised for new opponents when they had spare time and indicated what type of resistance they were looking for: a light, medium or strong team.
When I worked with this history, I found out the game order: home teams - away teams is not always correct in the 19th century world. For cup matches, there was a rule that teams that stood first had to choose whether they wanted to play on their own field or on the away team's field. It could be an advantage for a team to play on the away field, especially if your own field was worse and you had a more skilled team. It also seems to have applied to other matches as there are quite a few "home matches" that are played on the away team's field. Below the result of Queens Park Rangers - Kensington Rangers, played at Barn Elms which were the home ground for Kensington Rangers. At that time QPR played at Brondesbury Park.
It should also be noted that the reserve teame sometimes played their home games on other venues than the teams home ground.
|Source's, naming of grounds and years|
Droop Street Old Boys: QPR history 1899,
|Droop Street Old Boys.The time before the St Jude's Institute and QPR,1882-1885|
According to QPR History in 1899, the club Droop Street Old Boys was founded in 1882 by former pupils from Droop Street Board School. From the beginning, the school yard was used as a football field. Two piles of cotes at one end of the concrete "field" and a chalk-marked wall at the other served as goalpostsl. This early club was a youth club where the charismatic teacher Johnny Wrightson had helped with the formation and acquisition of football grounds. He was also called the true founder of QPR when he left as a teacher in the first decade of the 20th centuary.
After school yard, the club played on a field in Wormwood Scrubs but it was not good one and the club moved to a field at the end of Chamberlayne Road, just north of the current Kensal Rise Station. To make the club more efficient Johnny Wrightson contact vicar Sydney Bollt at St Judes Church and the club became under the church protection and changed its name to St Judes Institute.
|Christ Church Rangers 1883 - 1889, later Paddington 1890-1905?|
In official history, Queen's Park Rangers are the result of the 1886 merger between the St. Jude's Institute and Christ Church Rangers (CCR). It’s possible to question, both the year and the nature of the merger, as the name QPR is not used until 1888 and Christ Church Rangers continues to operate after 1886 with the same players after as before. But some kind of merger has taken place. The name Rangers is almost certain taken from Christ Church Rangers More in the Christ Church Rangers Blog Post.
Christ Church Rangers first played (1883-84) on a field 200 yards from Willesden Junction, perhaps east of the station at the top of the current Scrubs Lane on the west side. Thereafter from 1884 Kensal Green is named as the ground. There have been a lot of clubs playing at Kensal Green, even QPR, but in that case you can be sure that the ground is called Welford's Home Farm. CCR's field has probably been close to QPR's ground.
The pub "The Case is Altered" at Harrow Road is mentioned in Hayter's QPR history from 1948. He writes that QPR's players changed clothes at the pub. Hayter's main source is club director Wodehouse Junior who retells his father's story. Wodehouse Sr. had been a player in both CCR and QPR. But QPR changed clothes at St Judes Institute. The pub may have been used by the CCR and its ground may have been closer to the pub.
|Welford's Home Farm, St Judes Institute 1885-88.|
Vicar Sydney Bott acquired a field owned by Welford's Diary. The milk producers had three farms in the immediate area: College Farm, Haycroft farm and Home Farm. The field the club rented was near Home Farm, as the name was Welford's Home Form. This name is confirmed in several independent sources: QPR history 1899, Bushranger QPR history 1935 and several newspapers 1887-1892. A later name for the ground Welfords Fieds first appears in Wood's history from 1905. Wood's history is more detailed than the history from 1899 but gives some deviating information for the very oldest history. The facts for the 1899 history was compiled by a group older football player led by H. G. Teagle. All of them had played on Welford's Home Farm and most of them had grew up in Queen's Park, which makes his facts more credible.
|Welford's Home Farm, Queen's Park Rangers: 1888-90, 1892-93.|
The name is found in several independent sources: Willesden Chronicle 1892, QPR history 1899, Acton Gazette - Bushranger history 1935. The name used today is different: Welfords Fields. This name is taken from Woods history 1905.
The ground was also named after the nearby railway station Kensal Green, which changed its name to Kensal Rise in 1890 and the name of the football field begins to be called Kensal Rise. All possible combinations have been used: Welford’s Home Farm, Kensal Green Home Farm, Kensal Rise Home Farm and Home Farm only. There are not two or three different fields located in about the same place and with similar name. There is only one field.
The location is adjoining Kensal Green Station (Sporting Life 17/12 1887). It is also south of the station according to Woods 1905.
1892-93 Kensal Rise is a new name for the ground. Kensal Green railway station changed is name 1890 to Kensal Rise.
Brondesbury Park Ground first appears as Willesden Lane in October 1890 and in a 1891 ticket has the address Salusbury Road. At that time Salusbury Road was extended through Brondesbury Park. The upper part of the road changed name to Brondesbury Park ca 1892. The conclusion is that the ground is between those roads. Brondesbury Ground is also called “Park” only. Conclusion: the ground is in the park between the roads and then there are two possible fields as location for the ground.
“Gun Club” is the name of the ground, when the club is advertising after matches in February 1894. It is also called “North Kensington Cricket Ground”, “Wood Lane” and “Wormwood Scrubs”. Above the field is the park Wormwood Scrubs, the shooting club had the shooting ranges there. On general maps, the Gun Club is marked at the location of the shooting ranges, at the height of the current Linford Christie Stadium, but the fields for football and cricket were at Du Cane Road. The North Kensington Cricket Ground is the most likely the field. The Pavillion hotel is also nearby.
|Harviest Road, West Kilburn|
Harviest Road, West Kilburn or Kilburn Cricket Ground was a ground first used by Kilburn Cricket Club. The old site was at Ashmore Road until 1893. When the area was built up the Kilburn CC moved to a new site beside the park “Queens Park”. The location is mentioned in club handbook 1896/97 and was described adjoining to the park ”Queens Park”. There is also a newspaper notice placing the ground next to Salusbury Road. It was also called Mortimer Road changed name to Harviest Road which is the name of the road situated at the ground.
|Kensal Rise Athletic Stadium|
Before ca 1898 the ground is called National Athletics Grounds and was used för bigger matches such as semi- final, finals of regional cups. QPR hired the ground at four times. At the last spell the ground was often called just "The Rise".
Below is a rectified map with a layer from 1890 on a layer with a modern satellite image.
Rangers played in Latimer Road one season 1901-1902. They returned to Kensal Rise Athletic Ground next season and moved 1904 to Park Royal. It is in the Park Royal the Green and White hoops are used, probably for the first time. The ground is called Latimer Road but sometimes also St Quintins Park. It's probably from the nearby train station name. Woods writes in 1905 that the ground is at the rear of Latimer Road and St Quintins Avenue. If you look at a map from 1900, it’s the rear and between the two roads.
|Park Royal (first ground)|
In their pursuit of grounds, QPR ended up at Park Royal 2 miles from Queens Park. This ground had been laid out by the Royal Agriculture Society and was called the Horse Ring, named probably after it’s role as exhibition stadium for horse activities. QPR came to call it Park Royal after the area. The location is marked on a map by the Brent Historical Society. The name Park Royal comes from the Royal Agriculture Society's Showground, which had opened in 1903. It was at Park Royal that QPR first came to play in hooped shirts. When the Rangers made a decisive change of arenas, they also made major changes to the jerseys as well.
|Park Royal (second ground)|
|The Royal Agriculture Societys sold its showground in 1907, which meant moving again for QPR. Timely enough, Great Western Railway then had a completely newly built arena with a capacity for 60,000 spectators. It was built nearby the company's railways, probably with the intention of transporting QPR's supporters. The arena also came to be known as the Park Royal. But in the beginning, the arena was called the New Park Royal. The Park Royal also housed the Guinness factory at the spot at the former ground the Horse Ring. Both GWR and Guinness factory workers were QPR supporters. In February 1915, the ground was taken over by the military and QPR's moving cargo returned to Kensal Rise.|
White City was first called the Stadium, Shepherds Bush. The arena was built as part of the Franco-British Exhibition. The seating capacity was as many as 68,000 spectators. The first time the club used the arena was Long Good Friday 2012 during a train strike. Few matches were played and no other entertainment was allowed so the club had expected a large number of spectators but not the huge 62,000 spectators, which is the club's attendances record. More about this in a later blog post.
The field at the end of Loftus Road was during the late 19th centuary a typical area between buildings and agriculture. Nearby was Wormholt Farm, which had leased several fields to football clubs such as Shepherd's Bush, Hammersmith, Kensington and Westminster.
Old St Stephens was originally from Westminster and 1905 the club changed its name to Shepherd's Bush FC and leased the field at the end of Loftus Road. During the First World War in 1915, the club ceased to exist and QPR leased the ground 1917. When the Central Railway (Central Line) was built for Shepherd's Bush, the field at Loftus Road was used as landfill, and later when the field became a football pitch, the clay layers made the pitch easily waterlogged.
|Herbert George Teagle and the 1899 QPR history|
Teagle became the club's second team captain 1893 when he succeeded the club's initiator and first team captain John Mcdonald. Teagle was captain until 1897. He was also occasionally the club's secretary.
When the club wrote its first history in 1899, it was Teagle together with Hiscox, McKenzie and Webb (Ward?) who compiled the facts to the history. Teagle was born and raised in Queens Park, married to a sister of Henry Spurr who was already a player on the schoolyard. Henry Spurr was also the club's chairman when the history was published. This history has high credibility in terms of grounds and the oldest history as it was made by players who played on these grounds.
|Paddington Recreation Ground|
QPR have played on all the grounds available in north-west London with one exception: Paddington Recretaion Ground. This arena was established as early as 1888 by Paddington borough. Several Paddington clubs have played there, including Paddington FC and Paddington Town FC. But it could have been QPR's ground in the early 20th century. The club placed a bid in 1904? to rent the ground. The club had the highest bid, but the Borough didn't think the area was suitable for a professional club.
Blue text is the authors comment. Yellow fields are ground changes. Green fields are cup semifinal and cup final.
|Season||Source date||Name||More info||Matches||Source|
|1886-88||17/12/1887||Welford's Home Farm||Ground adjoing Kensal Green stn. Aldenham play at Gospel Oak||Aldenham (second) – St Jude's Institute||Sporting Life|
|1888-89||15/08/1888||Late St Judes Institute, (name change). Secr. Walter R. Miller||Sporting Life|
|1888-89||03/11/1888||Queen's Park||Railway Station and estate.||Fixture: QPR – North Paddington||Sporting Life|
|1888-88||21/11/1888||Queen's Park||St John's play at Stamford Brook||Fixture: St John's Hammersmith - QPR||Sporting Life|
|1888-89||15/12/1888||Willesden||Acton don´t play at Willesden.||Fixture: Acton – QPR.||Sporting Life|
|1888-89||16/02/1889||Kensal Green||Railway station||WLFACC semi-final||Sporting Life|
|1889-90||16/11/1889||Kensal Green||Fixture: QPR – Bohemians||Middlesex County Times|
|1889-90||19/11/1889||Kensal Green||Fixture: QPR – Kensingington Rangers||Sporting Life|
|1889-90||20/11/1889||Wants games away. Secretary: H. Spurr||Sporting Life|
|1889-90||30/11/1889||Home Farm, Kensal Green||Fixture: QPR – Westminister||Sporting Life,|
|1889-90||30/11/1889||Queens Park||Fixture: QPR – Westminister (Same as above)||Globe|
|1889-90||07/02/1890||Kensal Green||Bohemians play at Ealing Dean||Bohemians – QPR|
|1889-90||04/04/1890||QPR did a away tour||Away: Wallingford, Berkshire|
|1890-91||03/10/1890||London Scottish Ground||QPR have taken over London Scottish Ground at Brondesbury||Willesden Chronicle|
|1890-91||10/10/1890||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR – St Bartholomews Hospitals||Evening News (London)|
|1890-91||10/10/1890||Willesden Lane||Fixture: QPR – St Bartholomews Hospital (Same as above)||Evening News (London)|
|1890-91||25/10/1890||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR – Clapton||West London Observer|
|1890-91||01/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR – Tottenham Hotspurs (LCT)||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||07/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||Want matches. Secretary W. Ridout||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||22/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR – Vulcan||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||29/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||QPR – Vulcan 2-2||West London Observer|
|1890-91||20/12/1890||Brondesbury Park||QPR – 1st Scots Guards 1-4||West London Observer|
|1890-91||27/12/1890||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR 2nd – Brodensbury||West London Observer|
|1890-91||03/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||Tottenham Hotspurs – QPR 1-1||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||07/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||Want matchesfor Boxing day. Secretary W. Ridout||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||14/11/1890||Brondesbury||Fixture: QPR – Clapham||Evening News (London)|
|1890-91||15/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR 2nd – Fulham res.||West London Observer|
|1890-91||15/11/1890||Brondesbury Park||QPR – Clapham 10-0||West London Observer|
|1890-91||29/11/1890||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR 2nd – Fulham res.||West London Observer|
|1890-91||06/12/1890||North Kensington||Fixture: QPR 2nd – Stanley 2nd.||West London Observer|
|1890-91||08/12/1890||Brondesbury||Fixture: QPR – Kings College||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||13/12/1890||Finchley||QPR – St John´s, Hmmersmith 8-0||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||10/01/1891||Willesden||Fixture: QPR – Polytechnic||The Sportsman|
|1890-91||15/01/1891||Brondesbury Park||Want matches for strong club. Secretary W. Ridout||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||17/01/1891||Willesden||Fixture: QPR – Kings College Hospital||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||21/01/1891||1st team wants matches opposte ground, Teagle club secr.||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||31/01/1891||Barn Elm||Kensington Rangers play at Barn Elms (QPR Choose*)||Fixture: QPR – Kensington Rangers WLOCC||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||07/02/1891||Kensal Green||Fixture: QPR – Bohemians||Sporting Life|
|1890-91||12/03/1891||Barn Elms||1st team plays Tottenham same day||Fixture: QPR reservers – Ealing Dean||Willesden Chronicle|
|1890-91||12/03/1891||Park||Fixture: QPR –Tottenham||Sporting Life|
|1891-92||09/1891||Brondesbury Ground, Salusbury Road||QPR ticket||Photo of the QPR ticket|
|1891-92||26/09/1891||Leyton||Grange Park play at Leyton||Fixture: QPR – Grange Park||Sporting Life|
|1891-92||12/10/1891||Brondesbury Park||QPR – Minerva 0 – 7||Sporting Life|
|1891-92||31/10/1891||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR – Old St Stephens||Sporting Life|
|1891-92||01/11/1891||Brondesbury||QPR – Old St Stephens 0 – 7||Reynolds Newspaper|
|1891-92||27/11/1891||Brondesbury Park||Fixture: QPR Reserves – Aldenham Institute||Willesden Chronicle|
|1891-92||21/11/1891||Ilford||QPR – Ilford Park 4 – 1, Forsaking Brondesbury Park||Willesden Chronicle|
|1891-92||28/11/1891||Cricklewood||QPR (reserves) – Cricklewood 1 – 4||Willesden Chronicle|
|1891-92||21/01/1892||Brondesbury ground to wet?||QPR (strong) Wants matches opponents grn. HG Teagle Sc||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||15/08/1892||Welfords Home Farm, Kensal||QPR Ground Welfords Home Farm||Willesden Chronicle|
|1892-93||24/09/1892||Acton||Acton is home for Kildare||Fxture: QPR – Kildare||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||12/10/1892||Home Farm, Kensal Rise||QPR Reserves wants matches Strong – medium||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||28/10/1892||Paddington Recreation Grnd||Away game||Paddington – QPR 2 – 0||Kilburn Times|
|1892-93||12/11/1892||Raynes Park||South London ground||Fixture: QPR – Old St John's (Battersea)||The Sportsman|
|1892-93||25/11/1892||Queen's Park||QPR – Noel Park 2 – 0||Kilburn Times|
|1892-93||25/11/1892||Kensal Rise||Unclear location of Cavendish ground?||Fixture: Cavendish – QPR||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||10/12/1892||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR – Stanley||West London Observer|
|1892-93||10/12/1892||Kensal Rise||Away game||Kensal – QPR 3 – 0||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||14/12/1892||Home Farm||QPR Reserves wants matches Strong – medium||West London Observer|
|1892-93||16/12/1892||Kensal Rise||QPR – Stanley 0 -3||Willesden Chronicle|
|1892-93||13/01/1893||Kensal Rise||QPR – Paddington. QPR refuse to play||Willesden Chronicle|
|1892-93||14/01/1893||Shepherds Bush||Shepherds Bush is Hammersmith ground||Fixture: QPR – Hammersmith||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||14/01/1893||Kensal Rise||QPR – Kildare 3 – 0. Kiladre protesting||Willesden Chronicle|
|1892-93||10/02/1893||Kensal Rise||QPR – Hounslow 3-1||Willesden Chronicle|
|1892-93||11/02/1893||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR reserves – Fulham||Sporting Life|
|1892-93||29/03/1893||Kensal Rise||QPR reserves - Brentford||Middlesex Independant|
|1892-93||01/04/1893||National Athletic Stadium||Semi-final West London Observer Cup||Stanleey – QPR 0-4. Semi-final WLOFCC||West London Observer|
|1892-93||29/04/1893||National Athletic Stadium||Final West London Observer Cup||Fulham – QPR 0-3. Final WLOFCC||West London Observer|
|1893-94||07/10/1893||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR Reserves – Polytechnic||Evening Bank|
|1893-94||14/10/1893||Wood Lane, Wormwood Scrubs||Fixture: QPR Reserves – Polytechnic||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||14/10/1893||Wormwood Scrubs||Fixture: QPR – St Martins Athletics||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||28/10/1893||North Kensington Cricket Ground||QPR reserve team wants matches at home||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||28/10/1893||Hendon||Sutherland is in Henson||Fixture: QPR – Sutherland||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||01/11/1893||North Kensington Cricket Ground||Stanley – QPR 1-0||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||01/11/1893||Wormwood Scrubs||Fixture: QPR – Hendon Rovers||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||18/11/1893||Wormwood Scrubs||QPR – Old Argyle||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||13/01/1894||Kensal Rise||Fixture: Hammersmith Athletic – QPR||West London Observer|
|1893-94||20/01/1894||Custom House||Anchor playes at Custom House||Fixture: Anchor – QPR||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||27/01/1894||Wormwood Scrubs||QPR – Acton Rovers 4 – 0||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||17/02/1894||Gun Club, Wormwood Scrubs, oppostie Pavillion hotel||Fixture: QPR – Hammersmith Athletic||West London Observer|
|1893-94||07/03/1894||Wormwood Scrubs station, Outside||Charity game: The B's (Brentford)||Middlesex Independant|
|1893-94||10/03/1894||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR – Brentford||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||24/03/1894||Wormwood Scrubs||Fixture: QPR – St Thomas||Sporting Life|
|1893-94||31/03/1894||Wormwood Scrubs||Fixture: QPR – Anchor||Sporting Life|
|1894-95||09/09/1894||New grounds open 6 October||Evning News (London)|
|1894-95||03/11/1894||Rayners Lane||Marcians playes at Putney||Fixture: QPR – Marcians||Sporting Life|
|1894-95||24/11/1894||Kilburn Cricket Ground, Mortimer Road||Fixture: City Ramblers – QPR||Sporting Life|
|1894-95||25/11/1894||Kilburn||Fixture: QPR – Ciry Ramblers||Lloyd's Weekly Newspaper|
|1894-95||01/12/1894||West Kilburn||QPR Reserves wants match on Boxing day||Sporting Life|
|1894-95||07/12/1894||West Kilburn||Fixture: QPR – Woodford||Sporting Life|
|1894-95||12/01/1895||Queens Park||Fixture: QPR (second) – Hampstead Reservers||Sporting Life|
|1894-95||30/03/1895||West Kilburn||Fixture: QPR – Prarie Rangers||Sporting Life|
|1895-96||14/10/1895||Kensal Rise||QPR – Old St Stephen's 2-2||London Evning Standard|
|1895-96||21/10/1895||Queens Park, Kilburn||QPR – Polytechnic 1-1||London Evning Standard|
|1895-96||30/11/1895||Kilburn||Fixture: Woodford – QPR. To be played at Kilburn.||Sporting Life|
|1895-96||27/01/1896||West Kilburn||Fixture: QPR – Casuals||Daily Telegraph & Courier|
|1896-97||26/08/1896||Kilburn||QPR (reserves) have matches open, december, january||Sporting Life|
|1896-97||08/01/1897||West Kilburn||QPR – One and all 13-0|
|1897-98||03/12/1897||Harviest Road||QPR – Leyton||Kilburn Times|
|1897-98||11/02/1898||Kilburn||QPR – Northfleet||Harrow Observer|
|1897-98||25/04/1898||Kensal Rise Athletic Ground||QPR – Everton 0 – 6. Opening of the new ground||Sporting Life|
|1898-99||03/09/1898||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR – Richmond||Morning Post|
|1898-99||02/01/1899||Kensal Rise||QPR – Crouch End Vampires 0-0||Morning Post|
|1899-00||01/09/1899||Kensal Rise Athletic Ground||Pre match notes. QPR – Brighton||Willesden Chronicle|
|1899-00||01/02/1900||Kensal Rise||Cup draw: QPR - Millwall||Pall Mall Gazette|
|1900-01||07/09/1900||Kensal Rise||QPR -Portsmouth||Willesden Chronicle|
|1900-01||07/03/1901||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR – Brentford||Sporting Life|
|1901-02||23/08/1901||Latimer Road||The Rangers new ground at Latimer Road will soon be ready||Willesden Chronicle|
|1901-02||05/09/1901||St Quintin's Park||Name of the nearest railway station||QPR - Grays United 1-0||St James's Gazette|
|1901-02||07/03/1902||Latimer Road||London League: QPR – Woolwich Arsenal Reserves||Woolwich Herald|
|1902-04||25/08/1902||Kensal Rise Athletic Ground||After a year in Latimer Roafd The Rangers had return to KRG.||Sporting Life|
|1902-04||07/03/1903||Kensal Rise||Fixture: QPR – Bristol Rovers||London Evning Standard|
|1902-04||12/02/1904||The Rise||QPR – Kettering||Kilburn Times|
|1904-07||09/08/1904||Park Royal||QPR ...a new and splended ground at Park Royal||Athletic Chat|
|1904-07||01/04/1907||Park Royal||Fixture: QPR – Swindon||Morning Post|
|1907-15||02/11/1907||New Park Raoyal||QPR – Millwall. New ground open||Sporting Life|
|1907-15||05/02/1915||Park Royal||QPR – Tottenham 0-1||Sporting Life|
|1915-17||10/02/1915||Kensal Rise||Rangers appiled for change from Park Royal to Kensal Rise||Sporting Life|
|1915-17||12/04/1917||Kensal Rise||QPR – Luton 2-2||Illustrated Police News|
|1917 -18||31/08/1917||Loftus Road||A new venue: QPR has managed to secure Loftus Road.||The Sportsman|